BAND & PIPES
NOTE: All prices are in Canadian Dollars
- (arr.) - $50 Highland Cathedral A lush and powerful treatment of the new standard.
- (arr.) - $40 Hector the Hero An arrangement of the tune by J. Scott Skinner.
- (arr.) - NOT FOR SALE ? - ? - Green Hills of Tyrol A medley of 2/4 marches culminating in Green Hills of Tyrol
- (arr.) - NOT FOR SALE Conquest of Paradise From the movie 1492.
Eriskay Love Lilt - (arr.) - NOT FOR SALE (MP3) A lullaby for pipes
- (arr.) - NOT FOR SALE Chariots of Fire Fanfare A setting of the movie theme with bagpipes and fanfare trumpets
- (arr.) - NOT FOR SALE Chariots of Fire A different setting of the movie theme, starting with a bit of Jerusalem (where the title comes from) and without fanfares,
- (arr.) - NOT FOR SALE Alberta Centennial A setting of the song celebrating Alberta's Centennial, by Mary Kieftenbeld
Margaret in White (MP3) (ORIGINAL) - $50 Slow march for the processional for my wedding. Three verses, getting bigger each time.
Scotland The Brave Set - (arr.) - $50 (MP3) A medley of 2/4 marches Scotland the Brave, The Rowan Tree, The Bluebells of Scotland and Wings. Something to keep in your back pocket for when a job for bagpipes and band comes up.
Bonny Dundee Set - (arr.) - $50 (MP3) A medley of 6/8 marches Bonny Dundee, A Hundred Pipers, The Rock and the Wee Pickle Tow and The Muckin O' Geordie's Byre. Another set to keep in your back pocket.
- (arr.) - $50 Badd Asstw Ofours A good set of 2/4 marches Greenwood Side, The Drunken Piper, The Back of Benachie and MacKenzie Highlanders.
Briochan & Columba - (arr.) - $75 Something dramatic.
Fortissimo 2004 Pipe Set - (arr.) - $50 (MP3) A set of Findlay MacRae in slow/quick/slow time, Home to Kintail as a lament and salsa, staying in salsa for Jimmy Blue and Ernie's Impact. More original than most arrangements.
- (arr.) - $50 The Price of Peace A slow march by Alan Clark, dedicated to the 3RCR Battalion Group in Afghanistan.
- (arr.) - $50 Suo Gan A Welsh lullaby, going from solo pipe and band, to tutti pipes, a big finish to solo pipe again.
- (arr.) - $50 Jig Medley 2003 Medley of Tripping up the Stairs, Hay in the Kiln and My Darling Asleep
- (arr.) - $50 Hellbound Train A real barnburner with some train effects thrown in for good measure.
- (arr.) - $40 Lord of the Dance/Black Bear Two traditional marches.
- (Donald MacLeod, A. Harper, arr.) - $40 Flett From Flotta/Gardens of Skye Two traditional marches.
- (Jeff Donnelly, arr.) - $50 Lt. Gen. J.E. Vance, CD A short march.
NF to BC - (arr.) $100 (MP3) A medley of provincial tunes, including Ode to Newfoundland, Farewell to Nova Scotia, Anne of Green Gables, Mon Pays, A Place to Stand, Red River Valley, Saskatchewan, Alberta Bound, and John Kanaka.
(tr., Barry Hingley) - $50 The Sound of the Pipes A slow ballad
Long To Reign Over Us (ORIGINAL) - $70 A standard march, using bits of God Save the Queen in the trio. In honour of the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.
Pipe Set 2002 (tr., arr. unknown) - $50 (MP3) A medley of Highland Cradle Song, Liberton Polka, The Rose Among the Heather, Jock Wilson's Ball, and Glendarel Highlanders.
(G.Jones, tr.) - $40 Be Ye Also Ready A short quick march.
Sunset Salute (arr. unknown, tr.) - $50 (MP3) Sunset done in 12/8 and adding pipes.
(arr.) - $75 I Know My Love A latin/celtic concert piece with voice.
(arr. unknown, tr.) - $40 Distant Hills A ballad for pipes.
(arr. unknown, tr.) - $50 Homeward/Sunset/Retreat Largo from Dvorak's 9th for pipes mixed in with Sunset and Retreat.
Pipe Medley 2001 (arr.) - $75 (MP3) Six years late, a medley of Gay Gordons/Camerons/Brown Haired Maiden/Scotland the Brave, complete with cliche 2001 introduction.
(arr. unknown, tr.) - $30 Maihri's Wedding Short march.
(arr. unknown, tr.) - $30 The Way Old Friends Do A slow, 2-part bagpipe tune in a rock ballad style.
Fanfare Alba (comp. arr. unknown, tr.) - $70 (MP3) A long fanfare, with the pipes coming in the middle.
(Fanfarinette) (arr., Rameau) - $30 Disc Drive Theme Imagine you're listening to CBC in the afternoon, but with a standard slow march with pipes. For the most part it works.
- $40 Waly, Waly A lovely rendition of
The Water is Wide. Uses different harmonies for each verse.
(arr., comp. Mort Stephens) - $50 Hawaii 5-0 (Proof Scotch) Pinapples with a kilt! This TV theme works pretty well with Bagpipes.
(Slow March and Quick March versions) (arr., trad.)- $40 Aloha Oe Two versions of the traditional Hawaiian farewell. Works well on pipes.
(tr., arr. unknown) - $50 The Final Countdown An exciting treatment of the rock tune.
† (arr., trad.) - $40 Scotland the Brave Two choruses of the old standard.
(tr., arr. unknown) - $50 Findlay MacRae/Galacian Jig A lament followed by a sprightly jig
( Garb of Old Gaul/Moonstar Charlie Glendinning, arr. unknown)- $50 One old tune, one new tune.
** † (tr., arr. unknown) - $30 Wha Shaw the 42nd/Happy We've Been Together Two traditional tunes
(arr., comp. Patrick Hayes)- $30 Salute to J.T. McKenzie
Mr. Bear's Dance (3-Legged Jig) - Bagpipe or Clarinet Solo (MP3 File) (ORIGINAL) - $60 Mr. Bear's Dance is a jig in 9/8. The Celtic rhythms are energetic but playful. Mr. Bear is my nickname for my son. It can be performed by either solo clarinet or bagipe. A great idea for something happy.
** - (arr., comp R. Matheson) - $30 Calypso Piper A Calypso tune for bagpipes.
(Calypso) (arr., comp. R. Matheson) - $30 Carnival Reel Another Calypso tune for bagpipes.
My Heart Will Go On (arr., comp. James Horner) - $50 (MP3) From the movie
Titanic. Works well for pipes. Pipes take a countermelody in the middle section.
(arr., trad.) - $40 Going Home/My Home Two traditional tunes.
(tr., arr. unknown) - $40 Green Hills of Tyrol A traditional tune.
- (arr., trad.) - $50 Heyken's Serenade Jaunty little street march.
* (arr., comp. Fraser Clark) - $30 Dmaj T.R. Peet A new Pipe tune by Fraser.
- (arr., trad.) - $40 Mull of Kintyre Traditional pipe tune revisited by Paul McCartney.
(tr., arr. unknown) - $40 Ode to Joy Quick march based on Beethoven's 9th Symphony
(Concert and Parade versions) * (tr., arr. unknown) - $50 The Hero Traditional pipe tune.
* (tr., arr. unknown) - $50 Flowers of the Forest/Mingalay Two traditional pipe tunes.
Afore Ye Go (tr., arr. unknown) - $40 Traditional pipe tune
Pipe Medley 1994 * (Irish Guards Welcome to Toronto/Battle of Waterloo/Flett From Flotta) (arr., comp. unknown) - $50 (MP3 file) A popular medley for a street march.
HEGG Hnatyshyn (ORIGINAL) - $50 A street march with the pipes taking the Trio. Named for Governor General Ramon Hnatyshyn.
Margaret in White (MP3) (ORIGINAL) - $50 Slow march for the procession for my wedding. Three verses, getting bigger each time.
Farewell to Major Milne (fanfare) (arr., comp. unknown) - $20 Fanfare with pipes.
Sands of Kuwait * (tr, arr. unknown) - $40 Slow pipe tune in honour of the Gulf War.
(tr., comp. unknown) - $50 Edinburgh Castle A standard quick march with the pipes coming in on the second and third tunes.
* Featured on
Band and Pipes of the Ceremonial Guard
† Featured on To the Stars
** Featured on Fortissimo 2000 - The Canadian Forces Massed Bands Beating Retreat